We are getting closer to the peak holiday shopping season. We would like to provide all our clients with a few reminders about how to be safe and to prevent your gifts and other purchases from being stolen. Shopping during the holiday season can present unique dangers, but following a few prevention measures can help keep your holiday season joyous.
Please keep these safety tips in mind, so that you can enjoy the season without incident:
Shopping Safety Tips
· Always be aware of your surroundings.
· Don't leave purchased merchandise in your parked car where it can be seen. If you take purchases to your car and then continue shopping, always put your purchases in the trunk.
· Police advise you to remove the GPS unit and if necessary, take it with you. That includes even the suction cup, if that can be removed.
· Avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Pay for purchases with checks, credit or debit cards. Carry your cash and wallet in a front pocket to reduce your chances of having your pocket picked.
· NEVER leave car doors unlocked or windows open.
· Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
· ALWAYS park in lighted areas. Do NOT park in remote areas.
· Shop with a friend.
· Keep receipts in your wallet or purse.
· As you return to your car, be sure to keep your car keys in your hand.
· If you make expensive purchases like jewelry or guns, call our office as we may need to add these to your policy.
· Keep a record of all of your credit card numbers in a safe place at home.
· Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, con-artists may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
We hope you never have a loss or claim, but if you do, call our office as soon as possible. Remember your deductible will apply to all losses.